Dandelion Pesto Recipe
April is the time when dandelions are in full force flowering all over. Choose young leaves when collecting dandelion leaves, the older ones tend to be too bitter. Dandelions are high in inulin, which is a starchy carbohydrate that provides food to our got flora. Regularly eating foods high in inulin can help foster and diversify healthy gut bacteria.
- 2-3 cups of dandelion leaves
- 1/2 cup pecans or pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients, except the Parmesan cheese , into a food processor and blend to a desired consistency.
- Add Parmesan cheese and blend until smooth.